Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One Last Goodbye

Sauntering through empty streets,
My confidante lost along the way,
Boarded windows watching me like
Hollow chimeras.

With every step I take, the silence
Encroaches ever closer upon me,
My partner’s blissful words reverberating
In the back of my mind like silent
Whispers.

Vacant buildings, garnished in dust
My only vista,
My footfalls the only sound;
I cannot recall when or where or how
I lost my kindred soul:
Not a face, a smile, a caress, a laugh
Can I recollect, just darkness;
Just a burning hole in my heart that
My friend used to occupy.

As I sulk deeper into my loneliness,
I notice there are buildings no longer,
But rather I stand at a crossroads:
My heavy soul still unable to decide,
I continue to stare at the blank guidepost,
Willing an answer from the quietude…
Until finally, my lonesomeness answered
My question, and I began my somber
Wanderings once again, alone.

2 comments:

  1. This one really spoke to me ... I had already posted a status on FB this morning and then came to read this. Wow! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think?

    http://earnestlycontending.com/maranatha/?p=4704

    ReplyDelete