Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Evanescence Of Mourning


My Kutless heart has learned
The Art Of Dying, if only to
Numb the sorrows of awakening;
To bring serenity as I drown
In this Puddle Of Mudd called
Existence.

So here I stand, idly watching the
Dead Poetic lines that so very
Clearly describe the outcomes
Of all paths less chosen in my life,
Believing that All That Remains
Was this meaningless existence
Amidst the Disturbed, awaiting the
Day Of Fire.

You came along, like the Lamb Of God,
Bringing salvation to my dying essence,
Taking the Flyleaf in the book called
My life, and filled it with your beauty.

You taught me that, to remain Trapt 
In sorrow is to enslave myself to the
Hatebreed, and to Rise Against those
That would ensnare me in their grief.

You took my dreams, and made them
Reality, fulfilling my lifelong Nightwish;
To feel the undying love of another,
The warm embrace of angels.

Let your compassion Shinedown
Upon me, and one day, As I Lay Dying,
Let your love envelop me and alleviate
My fears of death.

Now, as the Shadows Fall, I can feel 
This Staind soul Bleeding Through the pain
Suffered between us;
Smile Empty Soul, for you shall see her
Again.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!!! Totally was wrapped up in that one!

    ReplyDelete