Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Dreamt A Dream...

For the longest time, I had an idea for a poem, but I never really did anything with it, for fear that it would... well, suck. So, I always thought about it, but never wrote my thoughts down. For several years, this rejected brainchild laid dormant in the inner workings of my mind; but recently, I decided that it was time to dust the blueprints off and try running with it, if for no other reason than to see what it would look like. The basis? Band names. I wanted to use several different current music band names to comprise the body of this working, so I started going through my iPod and selected several bands that I thought sounded like they could work, and just started writing single lines for each one... I even told a close friend about it... he told me that I should scrap the idea. Well, he (and especially myself) was very surprised as to how well it turned out. This particular work is another of my personal favorites, if for no other reason, than for its originality. I truly hope you like it. It's name: The Evanescence Of Mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment